Pendant Cable Guide
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
The intelligence of a man is replacing the hard work of a man. No one wants hard work now; everyone wants smart work.
To lift heavy objects was a problem, to work quickly and efficiently was even a bigger problem.
Here, the invention of cranes came in handy. That is, a massive machine in purpose for loading and unloading heavy objects like shipping containers was a problem not anymore.
Work that took days is now in completion within a few minutes.
Crane can not operate solely; it needs a cable to be attached to it in order to function. A cable strong enough to withstand the pressure and tension. Strong enough to work in extreme temperatures.
Such a cable is known as crane cables. These cables are uniquely designed to function for cables, hence the name “crane.”
They are also known as pendant cables, as the cable is in suspension as a pendant, hence the name. The object is in suspension by the cable giving the appearance of a pendant.
Chapter 2: Are there any other names to pendant cable?
Yes, one may see the following words being in use as a substitute for the product pendant cables.
|Cables for crane
|Crane pendant cable
|Crane electrical cable
|Crane control cable (control cable)
|Crane reeling cable
|Crane pendant control
|Flat crane cable tower
|Reeving crane hoist
|Cable hoist pendant
Chapter 3: What are the pendant or crane cables?
- Pendant cable is control cables. They are in use for the regulation of the mechanical work. These are useful for the process of instrumentation.
- Crane pendant control is cables having a multicore, which makes it durable to extreme mechanical and environmental conditions.
- Pendant cable, control cable, crane cable, or crane pendant control are in use for its flexibility. It can withstand constant bending without deteriorating.
- The crane cable’s maximum flexibility gives the cable a longer life span. Pendant cables are designed to work in extreme temperatures, not affected by moisture, flame, or any chemicals.
Chapter 4: what is the Structure of a crane cable or pendant cable?
The parts that make up a cable hoist pendant are as follows,
Chapter 4.1: Conductor:
- Conductor defines the path for the electrical energy to travel without any limitations or restrictions.
- Mostly copper is in use as a conducting material because it comes under with the EC 60228
- Copper does not only have an excellent conducting approach but has a tensile strength much more than any other element. Copper has a tensile strength of 200–250 N/mm2
- As a suitable conducting material, copper has excellent resistance to corrosion and abrasion.
- It has a low thermal expansion and high thermal conductivity.
- Copper has the properties of being drawn into wire; that is, it is ductile.
- Copper is malleable, and it is strong enough to resist any external forces, it does not break easily. When you stretch a wire, it may be prone to breakage, and your appliance will not work.
- With copper wire as your central core, having excellent tensile strength, stretching the wire will not affect the conduction.
- Copper is resistant to overheating, protecting your technology and work. Copper is good to go with any appliance, and its compatibility rate is high with any device.
- Copper gives you easy installation; there is no effort need to join the wire. A copper is strong enough to resist bending, twisting and pulling forces. It is ductile that is it can shape into wires.
Chapter 4.2: Insulation:
- Insulation is a protecting layer for the conductor. Even if the conductor is strength-wise active, it still needs additional protection.
- An insulator is good enough if it has high resistance towards heat, fire, water, abrasion as well as to tension.
- A good insulator is flexible and does not corrode. An even plus point is if it does not disturb the balance of the natural eco-system.
- Considering the above factor, for cable hoist pendant or reeling cables, PVC- Poly Vinyl Chloride is in use.
- PVC- Poly Vinyl Chloride is easy to work with and manufacture. Medication in its material can be made easily possible according to usage with no complexity
- For work like hoisting, crane cables maximum strength is the requirement to be able to withstand extreme temperatures and not to deteriorate early. PVC- Poly Vinyl Chloride is the best choice.
- PVC- Poly Vinyl Chloride is resistant to fire or heat. For outdoor work under extreme and intense sunlight, it is essential to have resistance to fire.
- PVC- Poly Vinyl Chloride is shockproof and free from halogens, thus making the pendant cables environment-friendly.
- PVC- Poly Vinyl Chloride is flexible enough to withstand breakage.
- Insulation distributes the impact of the external object on the pendant cable.
Chapter 4.3: Steel Rope
- After insulation, the cable is further reinforced with steel ropes to give adequate strength.
- The steep rope further distributes the tension on the crane control cable or pendant cable.
Chapter 5: what is the making of crane control cable?
Crane control cable is a pendant cable that is in use for carrying purposes via suspension method. It is useful in applications of hoist best suitable for outdoor applications.
- Firstly, a conducting material, mostly copper and cross-linked polyethylene ( XLPE), is selected.
- Both the conductors are efficient in their job, and both are twisted to attain the maximum level of strength.
- The conductors are in protection by adding an insulating layer of PVC- Poly Vinyl Chloride.
- Further, more steel wires are attached to the cable to add maximum protection.
Chapter 6: what are the properties of crane pendant control and crane cable?
Following the properties of crane pendant control and crane cable;
- It operates in a voltage of 300/500 volts
- Its bending radius is 10xR
- The operating temperature in the cold is -5 degree Fahrenheit
- The operating temperature in warm is 70-degree Fahrenheit
- It is highly water-resistant
- It is resistant to heat.
- It is resistant to ultraviolet.
- The material is halogen-free, which accounts for low smoke emission.
- It is abrasion-resistant, with no cuts or tears.
- It is ozone resistant, and the harmful rays will not penetrate it.
- It is resistant to oil.
- It is resistant to harmful chemicals.
Chapter 7: what are the uses of a pendant cable?
Following are the uses of a crane pendant control or pendant cable,
- Heavy-duty work
- Loading and unloading
- In construction work, if the height of the hoist cable is within 50 meters or 165 feet.
- Pendant cables serve useful in marine overhead cables.
- Pendant cables or crane cables are primarily useful in the moving of mechanical parts, which are typically heavy to move.
Chapter 8: What are the application of a pendant cable/ reeling cable/ crane cable?
Pendant cable or crane cable is a blessing to make your work easy. Following are the uses of a reeling cable or pendant cable:
- Crane cable is in use in places where things are in motion, needs to be carried to different places, portable control.
- Crane cable or pendant cable is in use in systems where festoon cables are in use.
- It is in use in power tracks
- By the name pendant cable, it is applicable in pendant stations.
- It is for use in power tracks.
- Cable hoist pendant or reeling cables are in use for crane and hoists.
- Due to the cable’s flexibility, it is useful in many places where flexing is in need.
Chapter 9: What is a flat crane cable tower?
Its looks take the name. The flatform crane cable is in the shape of a flat cable.
Chapter 9.1: Where it is in use?
- Flat crane cable tower is useful for festoon systems.
- Festoon is a versatile bolster for electrical links or pneumatic and water-powered lines.
- It enables the link to move with a crane, trolley, or other portable hardware without fouling.
- Trim frameworks arrive in an assortment of sizes and setups to deal with round or level links and hoses.
- Flat crane cable is there to serve as a link for the supply of power and signals
- Flat crane cable serves the purpose of the supply of electrical energy and power for efficiency in usage.
- Flat crane cable are serving to be useful for hoisting
- Flat crane cable makes the movement of massive parts of machinery possible.
Chapter 9.2: what are its unique features?
The varsity in the usage of flat crane cables makes its high resistance towards;
Chapter 10: What are the Crane Pendant cables?
Crane pendant cables serve best for mechanical use. It replaces human resources with intelligence.
- Crane pendant cables unique properties of helical shape and PVC- Poly Vinyl Chloride insulation gives it strength and flexibility in usage.
- Crane pendant cable is useful in the hoisting system, hence given the name cable hoist pendant.
- Crane pendant cables or cable hoist pendant are accompanied by two steel support to distribute the tensile force during operation. It gives the crane pendant cable additional strength.
- The crane cables work by carrying signals of power and control to the overhead cranes, bridges containers, or hoists.
Chapter 10.1: What are the uses of a crane pendant cable?
Crane pendant cable has a strength of 2100N and is best for the use of loading and unloading. The following are the places of application of the crane pendant cable.
- It is useful in places where heavy objects require movement in a hanging mode. Hence it serves the purpose of hoisting or conveyor system
- The exceptional tensile strength gives it the advantage of working in carrying massive objects
- The crane pendant cable is useful for the movement of machinery parts.
- The crane pendant cables are best suited for the places of lift applications.
Chapter 10.2: what are the exceptional feature of pendant crane cable?
The exceptional feature of the pendant crane cables is as follows.
- Pendant crane cables are resistant to tension, having a high tensile strength
- It is resistant to abrasions, no cuts or tears.
- Pendant crane cables are highly resistant to oil
- Resistance to water is essential in pendant crane cables.
- Pendant crane cables are free from halogens and resistant to fire.
- Pendant crane cables are serving not only humankind but the eco-system side by side.
Chapter 11 What is a reeving crane hoist?
- A wire rope reeving framework is a rope framework in which wire cable goes around drums and piles, or pulleys, to lift or pull. Wire rope is intended to adapt to threatening conditions.
- The crane cable acts like a pully, and it must have a system of winding to collect the cable while pulling.
- For that purpose, a reeving system comes in handy, reeving crane hoist.
Chapter 11.1: How does the reeving work?
- A standard wire rope reeving framework comprises a furrowed link drum.
- Two pulleys are in attachment on a derrick, and three more on a first bar.
- The rope can reeve into a six-section structure upheld at a lift.
- An electric engine drives each crane and worked by a wrench and pawl switch framework.
Chapter 11.2: what is the purpose behind reeving?
- The crane cables are useful in the hoisting system.
- When the crane cable is in a mode of suspension, it is in dire need of a pulley system to work with ease.
- For this purpose, the reeving system comes in handy.
- The primary purpose of the reeving system is to provide mechanical support to the crane cable in use.
- By the presence of a reeving system, there is an excellent reduction in the application of a maximum force to use of minimum force for hoisting.
- With the presence of a reeving system, the expenditure of energy is little.
Chapter 11.3: is there any maintenance when it comes to the reeving system?
Yes, there is minimum maintenance for maximum performance.
Crane cable or pendant crane cable is greased up during the assembling procedure. Lubrication of the cable is necessary to minimize friction.
The lubrication oil will not last a lifetime on the reeving cable.
The cable in this manner should be greased up intermittently with a high evaluation lubricating oil, free from the corrosive or soluble base, which will stick to and penetrate the surface.
This lubrication will make sure the efficient use of the cable and reeving system for a lifetime or many years, with no problems.
Chapter 12: Are there any precautions at installation?
Pendant cables serving such heavy-duty work must have the following precautionary measures.
- Try not to open the unit to severe impacts of air that may cause buildup.
- Try not to open the unit to cleaning solvents that will enter and harm the unit’s fenced-in area.
- Try not to utilize a cable, which is part or split.
- At whatever point conceivable, gather the pendant in a vertical situation to maintain a strategic distance from debases falling into the fenced-in area.
Chapter 13: Is there any maintenance of pendant cable?
The crane cables or pendant cables are useful, saving your time. Furthermore, to have the best outcome for years, the pendant cable must be in great shape. The following are its maintenance points.
- When in continuous use, make sure to switch the button off after usage, this will not only save electrical energy but will save you from dangerous incidents.
- Be cautious in checking the crane pendant cable regularly, for a follow-up. If there is any tear in the cable, you will know about it before not during use. It will save you from accidents.
Chapter 14: Is there any operation safety of pendant cables?
Following are the safety precautions;
- Never move under the crane or pendant cable, always stand parallel to it.
- Perform your work one at a time, do not be hasty.
- When the pendant cable is not in use, make sure to suspend it vertically and not lay it down horizontally-safety.
- If, during work, any problem occurs, do not continue with your work. Stop the system as it is and call the maintenance team in charge.
- When not in use, always remember to unplug it from power.
- Before usage and installation, make sure the adjustments of the cables are suitable, not torn, and has no scratch.
Chapter 15: Are there any types of cables for the crane cable?
The following are a few examples of the crane cables we provide.
- It is serving useful for power and control cable
- Primarily useful in festooning systems
- It is also useful for connecting movable parts of container cranes, machines, material handling equipment,
- It shows brilliant resistance towards stress and tension
- A highly recommendable crane cable by our company.
- Its conducting material is copper having an Inner insulating material of EPR Rubber Compound (Ethylene Propylene Rubber)
- The outer insulating material is of PVC- Poly Vinyl Chloride, working under a voltage of 0.6/1kV
- Its minimum tensile strength is 15N/mm2, having a working speed of 240 meters/ per minute.
- The bending radius is four times the overall diameter of the cable.
Such cables are useful for power and flagging portable associations under severe mechanical stresses (elasticity and torsion).
Any hardcore stress or climatic condition does not affect it.
This crane cable is usually useful in link twisting reels for harbor cranes. Compartment cranes, transports, taking care of machines and mining, and burrowing gear is its uses.
- Its conducting material is tinned copper.
- The outer and inner insulating material is of PVC- Poly Vinyl Chloride, working under a voltage of 0.6/1kV
- The polyester braid gives it an anti-twist property. Having a working speed of 180 meters/ per minute.
- The bending radius is four and tested five times the overall diameter of the cable.
Adaptable reeling cables with lighter weight.
The lightweight does not affect the mechanical strength of the cable, rather the opposite.
Moreover, it serves useful for reeling applications in the underground as well as in opencast mining.
It works in a variety of voltage; 3.6/6kV, 6/10kV, 8.7/15kV, 12/20kV.
Its maximum tensile strength is 30N/mm2, having a working speed of 240 meters/ per minute. Its bending radius to the overall diameter is six and a maximum of ten.